The Fourth Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University (CMU) is a “Grade III, Level A” general Hospital integrating medical treatment, teaching and scientific research. The hospital was founded in 1909 and was originally called Fengtian Hospital of the Japanese Red Cross society（1914）, Liaoning Hospital of the Red Cross society of China（1931）, Colleges of Physicians of CMU（1948） and Central Hospital of Shenyang Railway Burea（1956）. On October 10, 2004, the hospital was officially returned to the management of CMU as its fourth clinical college, as well as the fourth affiliated hospital, and has entered a brand-new development stage.
The hospital consists of Chongshan District (Headquarter) and Heping District with nearly 120,000 square meters in total. There are nearly 2000 licensed beds。With the culture concept of "Dedication, Love, Unity and Transcendence", the hospital always emphasizes technical progress, discipline construction and personnel training to continuously improve the medical service ability and discipline ascendancy of the hospital. The social reputation and overall influence of the hospital have been significantly improved. Currently, we are working hard to forge the hospital into a medical treatment center of north Liaoning, and to construct an innovative academic affiliated hospital of China Medical University.